Is your printing showing an offline message on windows 10 computer? If yes, then follow the 5 different ways to fix this error message.
- Check printer and network configuration: The first thing to check is the printer and the network connection. For this, turn off the printer for 30 seconds and turn it on again. Check if the cable is properly plugged or not.
- Use printer offline settings: This method is for canceling the ‘Use printer offline’ settings. If the setting is enabled, then you won’t be able to print. To turn off the settings, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Press Windows + I key to open settings and select ‘Printers and scanners’.
- Select ‘Open Queue’.
- Go to ‘Printer’ and uncheck ‘Use printer offline’.
- Set Printer as a default printer: For this, go to ‘Scanner and printer settings’ and go to ‘Open Queue’. Select the HP printer and set it as a default printer.
- Fix it via services: This service is accessible only if the printer supports WSD port. If there is no such port, then you can skip this method. If you don’t know if your printer has a WSD port or not, then follow the below-mentioned steps to confirm.
- Go to ‘Printers and scanners’ settings and click on the same option named ‘Open Queue’.
- Tap on the printer name to expand options.
- Select ‘Properties’.
- From the ‘Properties’ window, go to the ‘Port’ tab. Check if you see WSD port or not.
If the printer support WSD port, then follow the below-mentioned steps to change service settings.
- Go to ‘Services’ from the start menu and click on the option which best matches the search.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Function discovery provider’. Go to ‘Function discovery resource publication’ and check the status.
- Select ‘Start’ and if it is not set to ‘Automatic’, then right-click on it and select ‘Properties’.
Check if the problem has been resolved or not. If not, then add the port manually by using the steps mentioned here as under:
- Go to the ‘Network configuration report’ from the printer settings and return to the ‘Printer’s port’. Click on ‘Add a port’.
- Select ‘Standard TCP/IP’ followed by ‘New port’.
- Enter the information as asked on the page to add a new port.
- Check if the problem is resolved or not.
Create a Manual IP connection: For creating a manual IP configuration, you need to open the ‘Network configuration page’ from the network settings and click on the ‘Setup’ menu. Under the network connection type, select the wired or wireless connection. Check if the network status, if connected or not.
If you find ‘Not connected’ status, then connect the printer to the network first. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway for the connection you have availed at home or in the office. If there are different numbers for IPv4 and IPv6, then enter the number for IPv4 only. Click ‘Connect’.