When you go into the market, you will find many new and advanced printers, but if you are using a printer already, and want to know how to make it wireless, then that is exactly what you are going to be reading today. The printer we have taken for this procedure is one of the most popular ones, i.e., Brother MFC printer, which is not a wireless printer but can be turned into one if you go through the procedure carefully. Brother MFC printer is not equipped with a wireless card, but that doesn’t mean that the data can’t be shared over the wireless network. You can at least connect one computer to complete the process. Now, if you want to know what you need to carry out the process, then you need a USB cable.
Here is how you can make your Brother MFC printer wireless:
1. Choose a computer to serve as a print server. If the printer is already installed on the computer, go to Step 2, otherwise, insert the disc provided by Brother before turning on the Brother MFC printer. Follow the instructions on the screen to install the printer software and only connect the USB cable when prompted by the installation program. When finished, restart your computer.
2. Check your computer’s wireless connectivity. You will see a wireless power icon at the bottom right of your screen (a series of bars). Click “Start” followed by opening “Control Panel” and then clicking “Network and Internet” and finally, “Network and Sharing Center”. Click “Choose homegroup followed by “sharing options”, which you can find under the option labeled as “Change network settings.”
3. Click the checkbox next to “Printers” under the heading “Share libraries and printers.” Then, you need to click the “Save changes” button, which you can find at the bottom of the screen. Click “Control Panel” in the navigation bar at the top of the screen, then go to the “Hardware & Sound” option, under which you can click “View devices and printers”. You will see a list of all printers, cameras, and faxes, including Brother MFC printer.
4. Right-click on the Brother MFC printer followed by selecting “Printer Properties”. Click the “Share” tab and click the checkbox next to “Share this printer”. Name the printer on the network. Click “OK” to close the dialog and save your changes.
5. It’s time to go to another PC on your network for adding Brother MFC printer over the wireless network. Click “Start” followed by selecting “Devices and Printers” and then, click “Add a printer”. Now select the option labeled as “Add a network printer.” While the computer is connected to the wireless network, it detects the Brother MFC printer shared and installs it as a printer across the network. Repeat this step for all computers on your wireless network to print wirelessly to the Brother MFC printer. The printer and the host computer must always be on for this to work.
Now that your Brother MFC printer has become wireless, you can use it in a more convenient manner. However, if you come across any issue, then you should consult printer experts because such complicated tasks often require experienced assistance, so don’t shy away from getting it.
Are you using an Brother MFC printer, which you want to turn into wireless? Then, you should probably go through the steps because there is no other way to turn your printer wireless. If you come across any issue contact Brother Printer Offline Windows 10.