The Epson Stylus CX4800 printer performs a number of functions, including color scanning, printing, and copying both documents and images. This multi-function printer also has the ability to print on different types of media, such as envelopes, photo paper, and plain document paper with sizes up to 8.5 inches by 11.7 inches. To properly configure the Epson Stylus CX4800, you need a USB printer cable (sold separately from the printer) to connect it to your computer.
Things You’ll Need
- CD/DVD drive
- Installation CD
- Printer cable USB
Here are the steps to connect an Epson Stylus CX4800 Printer –
- Lift the scanner located on the top of the Epson Stylus CX4800 and remove the tape by holding the ink cartridge holder to the right side of the machine.
- Close the scanner. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer and then into an outlet near your computer system. Press the “Power” button located in the far upper right section of the printer. This allows the printer’s ink cartridge holder to slide into the proper position to add the ink cartridges in the next step.
- Lift the scanner again and shake the ink cartridges vigorously for about 10 seconds each (Epson Stylus CX4800 yours comes with four ink cartridges). Remove the ink cartridges from their packaging and remove the tape that may be covering the ink nozzles on the cartridge. Lift the cartridge cover on the printer.
- Install each ink cartridge into the corresponding color-coded slot on the printer. The retention cartridge support features guides on both sides for each ink cartridge, and you will hear a “click” when the cartridges are correctly seated in the holder. Rotate the cartridge cover down and snap into place using the downward pressure of your fingers.
- Close the scanner and press the ink button to start the ink loading process (the ink button looks like a small drop of water). The ink charging process will produce noise and will take approximately three minutes. Fully extend the top feed tray and slide the paper guide to the proper position required for the particular paper size.
- Fill the top paper tray with no more than 100 sheets of paper, and readjust the guide guides as needed. Flip the feeder guard located in front of the paper feed slot on top of the printer backward forward. Extend the bottom tray of the printer, if you have not already done so.
- Turn on your computer, but don’t connect the printer to the system yet. After your operating system is fully loaded, insert the installation CD that came with your Epson Stylus CX4800. Click the “Install” button on the menu that appears Epson.
- Follow the installation instructions exactly and connect the printer’s USB cable to an open USB connection on your computer when the software points to. After the software has been successfully installed, you may be asked to perform a test print. Perform the print head alignment and test process as directed on the screen to complete the printer setup.
Find any problem while performing these steps, get in touch with printer experts for the best solution.